Customer Success Manager
Position Title: Customer Success Manager
Department: Platform Services
Reports to: Head of Platform Services
Date: July 2018
The Customer Success Manager will join the small but growing entrepreneurial team behind CRF’s SPARK platform (www.lendwithSPARK.com). Originally created to help streamline CRF’s lending operations, SPARK launched as a web-based Software as a Service (SaaS) product now available to other small business lenders. Upon joining the team as Customer Success Manager, your responsibilities will include working directly with SPARK customers, leading the onboarding, configuration and training processes for new SPARK customers, assisting the SPARK team in documenting and validating each release of SPARK and partnering with the development team on enhancing the SPARK solution. Looking to the future, the Customer Success Manager role has ample opportunity for growth along with the SPARK platform.
- On-boarding / Training new SPARK customers
- Account Management / Process Improvement Activities for existing customers
- On-Going Training Activities / Technical Support
- Customer Support
- Solution Enhancement
- Assisting with Technical Pre-Sales activities
- Ambassador for CRF and SPARK
- Communicate effectively with superiors, colleagues, and staff utilizing communication standards, channels, platforms and schedules.
- Continually update processes and procedures to monitor the effectiveness of changes and their relation to organizational growth.
- Facilitate effective collaboration across the organization and network to include cross-functional teams such as, but not limited to, Marketing and Capital Markets.
- Belief in and practice of the Diversity, Equity and inclusion philosophy. Modeling behavior that inspires dialogue, learning and cross-cultural exchange
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Finance or related field and 2 – 3 years business development, sales, or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
GENERAL COMPUTER LITERACY
Be familiar with and have a willingness to work with computer technology. Have an understanding of computer hardware, the abilities and limitations of computer software packages and how work to within those limits. Intermediate to intermediate-advanced level proficiency and experience with the Internet, using the intranet for efficient prospecting research, updating and recording information in computerized data bases for managing client relationships, and use of virtual meeting software. The following software: Microsoft Office, Word, SharePoint and Excel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Customer Success Manager’s role is to drive product implementation, ensure timely customer deliverables and enable SPARK to realize additional revenue opportunities. To be successful, he/she must develop extensive knowledge and experience using SPARK in a “live” scenario while cultivating an in-depth understanding of the loan origination process. He/she must demonstrate the ability to listen and understand customers’ needs and goals related to SPARK and how it can bring process efficiencies to their lending operations.
Primary Responsibilities: Key point of contact managing relationship with new and existing customers
- On-boarding / Training new SPARK customers: Build relationship with customers to help them successfully on-board and implement the SPARK solution as a loan origination tool or process. Guide and enhance the SPARK onboarding, setup, implementation, configuration and training process unique to each SPARK customer environment which reflects individual configuration, user base, presentation, etc.
- Account Management / Process Improvement Activities – Working with existing customers to solicit and communicate on-going feedback on the SPARK solution, where it can be improved and what additional enhancements would be most useful / effective. Test new processes prior to going “live” with customers to trouble shoot and “break” the system. Develop new ideas to enhance existing platform.
- On-Going Training Activities / Technical Support: Working with customers to identify additional training opportunities. Organize and schedule training updates as new versions/additions are rolled out. Provide presentations via webinars and on-site training for prospects, new and existing customers. Deliver customer service through technical support and client follow-up.
Secondary Responsibilities: Support Development Team and VP of Technology Solutions & Services
- Customer Support – Working in partnership with SPARK client’s tier 1 support group as an escalation resource for complex system challenges. In addition, the CSM will lead the building and maintaining of the SPARK Knowledge Base – a growing library of customer self-help resources.
- Solution Enhancement: Working collaboratively with the Development Team and Business Units to help define and refine SPARK’s features, how they are used and frame suggested enhancements that would improve the usability of the SPARK solution.
- Assisting with Technical Pre-Sales: Participate and gradually assume greater role in technical pre-sales activities as directed by the Vice President of Technology Solutions & Services, including understanding the prospect’s business environment and articulating SPARK’s value proposition, updating SPARK collateral, providing product demonstrations, webinars, and managing the pre-sales activity calendar. Identify additional revenue-generating opportunities through referrals from existing customers. Assist with preparation of RFPs / Pricing Proposal / FAQ Documents as needed.
Customer Service Manager also serves as ambassador for both CRF and SPARK
- Champion: Evangelizing the platform internally and externally to both technical and non-technical audiences through participation in user groups, conferences, meetups, or other means.
- Recruiting: Use past and present connections to create excitement and energy about SPARK and development of the platform.
Who We Are – Community Reinvestment Fund, USA (CRF) is a community development leader committed to bringing economic equity to communities across the country, in order to generate greater investment in the communities that need it most.
What We Do – Since 1988, CRF has helped reinvent the flow of capital, eliminate barriers to economic mobility and build community wealth. CRF forges a link between capital sources, local small business ecosystems and small business owners.
How We Help – Together with its partners – including community leaders, nonprofit lenders, financial institutions, foundations and more – CRF is creating new strategies and technologies that build stronger local economies, create jobs and support economic mobility.
CRF is headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota. For further information, please visit www.crfusa.com.
Interested candidates should please submit a resume and cover note to Human Resources at email@example.com. All inquiries will be kept confidential.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national orientation, gender identify, disability or veteran status.